total miles run
# times run
avg dist. run
*Note: You can't compare total mileage between years because I began using my Garmin mid-year (5/13/09).
[5/13/09 - 12/31/09 = 233 days. 233 days/7 = 33.29 weeks].
Instead, compare average distance run and average miles per week.
I also rode my bike 217.26 miles. (Does not include any spin classes - just my real bicycle).
2010 was also the year of...
- my first year of running regularly all the way through winter.
- also the snowiest of the 5 years we've been in NJ
- my First Half Marathon!
- (Pre-blogging days, in April 2010). Chip Time 2:21:10
- our first real vacation since our Honeymoon, 3 years ago
- St Martin: August 2010
- my 2nd Half Marathon! in September 2010.
- While my 2:30 was a disappointment, it was still another half marathon!
- my first experience with a Bootcamp class.
- I only took 2 classes in December, but I'll be back for more!
Garmin informs me that through running, I burned 66,667 calories in 2010.
Fact: 1 pound = 3500 calories
.: I allegedly burned 19.05 lbs through running alone.
Funny thing, I'm about the same weight I was at this time last year! Good thing I'm not running to lose weight. Though it does make me wonder how many of those calories I ate back I actually needed. There were definitely times that I ate more than I needed to after a run (or immediately before a run).
I guess maintaining the same weight (+ or - a couple, at any given point) and measurements over the course of a year while exercising regularly means this is probably my ideal weight. I wouldn't mind toning up a little bit though - in my gut and my arms - which will involve a little less beer and dessert and a little more Bootcamp in 2011.
Ok, for real, I'll post some more concrete January/2011 goals tomorrow I think.