Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Snow Day - !?

Here are some photos of my commute to work this morning.




It usually takes me about 25 minutes; today it took 1 hour and 10 minutes.

While the sand/brine mixture is a nice gesture, a plow really would have been the best choice.  Sand or "brine" turns the 4" of snow into 4" of slushy muddy mix, and without a plow, that slushy muddy mix remains on the road.

We had a 90 minute delay last Friday for a very small amount of snow.  Much less than what we have today.  No early dismissal for me either.

Here's what the next 24 hours will look like:


Delightful! 

Actually, since taking that screen shot, the rain piece has been removed from the forecast.  Now it's just rain, snow, sleet til 4 -- then snow and sleet after 4. 

I'm thinking my speedwork may have to wait til tomorrow :(  They're saying no unnecessary driving, and I don't know that a short speedwork session constitutes necessary driving to the gym.  We'll see how slick it is when I get home!

Anyone else getting this crazy storm right now?

4 comments:

  1. SO MUCH SNOW!!! AHHHH!! An 70 minute commute...holy cow! I LOVE your lulu bag and those cookies look AMAZING!! Don't freeze! We had a little snow yesterday but not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness that is one scary commute! I would be terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry about your commute. that's truly awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wednesday morning was bad!! We ended up getting an additional 12" that night so we had a snow day today (and I drove no where!) Apparently they weren't able to clear the roads well enough today (seriously!?) so I already got a call that we have a 90 minute delay tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete

I don't always get a chance to respond to each comment individually, but I promise I read them all! If you ask a question in the comments, please subscribe to the comment feed so you can see my response, or leave your email address in your comment so I can respond. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...