Saturday, October 23, 2010

Long Fall Bike Ride

Went for a nice long bike ride with the Mr. today.  It was 66 and sunny when we set off on our adventure at about 2pm.

I wore my Lululemon Run: Zoom Crops, Target Champion SS Singlet, Lululemon Run: Energy Pullover:

picture from Lululemon.com

picture from Target.com (circa September 2009)

picture from Lululemon.com (circa December 2009)

I filled up my 1.5L Camelbak Hydrobak Hydration Pack to bring along with me:



Bought the 2008 model in Spring 2009 for $24


I also strapped on my ifitness pouch, in which I stored my license, credit card, some cash, and my compact digital camera, enabling me to take some of the pictures to follow.

And we were off!




The first half included some hills:




Not sure if that's a big deal or not, but the elevation increased by about 80 feet over 2 minutes or .3 miles.  It sure felt like a big deal.  The last 6.5 miles of the first half of our trip was mostly flat tow path, which was nice.





We rode 15.14 miles to a nearby favorite town of ours.  About an hour and a half later, we arrived.  We were torn between a really good Middle Eastern restaurant and a place with a good beer selection, burgers, and outdoor seating.

We went with the bar/burger place.  The patio is around back, I should have taken a picture.  It was decorated with tons of carved pumpkins for Halloween.

picture from nj.com

I got a Smithwick's (sadly they were out of the Saranac Octoberfest on their menu) hubby got the Troegs Hop Back Ale.   I got their current special burger which included tomatoes, guacamole, jalapenos, and 'queso fresco.'  Hubby got a rueben made with some kind of brat I have not heard of before.  Both came with their home made chips which you can see they sliced from real potatoes - they were fantastic.

Then we hopped back on our bikes at about 5pm and pedaled the just-over-15 miles back home, making it home with just enough sunlight.  I had just enough water in my Camel to last me the trip.

Round Trip: ~30.2 miles!
My quads were feeling a little fatigued on our way home, we'll see how my legs feel tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't always get a chance to respond to each comment individually, but I promise I read them all! If you ask a question in the comments, please subscribe to the comment feed so you can see my response, or leave your email address in your comment so I can respond. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...