Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I Wore to Spinning

I recently received the I Just Wanna Run Tech SL from Lululemon in Wish Blue. I gave this top a shot after trying the Run: Energy SL (with pleating in the back) and not loving the fit. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the pleats along the front, but I really like them! I think they do a good job of disguising your mid section when you are in an unflattering position (i.e. bent over while riding your bike or in spin class).

Lululemon I Just Wanna Run Tech SL in Wish Blue;
Lululemon Empower Crop in Black


The crops I'm wearing are the Empower Crop, if I remember correctly (not the version currently available on the website; the pair I have is older). They're made of luxtreme which is a great lightweight, smooth, moisture-wicking fabric. I'm able to pedal quickly with no chafing and no riding up. There's mesh behind the knees to keep you cool. Also a small zip-pocket at the center back for a card or key. I don't know that these are the most flattering from the back-view, but I find that these crops don't reveal sweat in the bum-region which is a big plus.

This top is supposed to have a loose fit, but even so, I found I had to size down two sizes. My normal size was way too big. One size down sort of fit, but was kind of long in overall length and a little droopy in the arm hole openings in the back. There's a cinchable drawcord at the bottom and a hidden pocket at the bottom of the center back for a card or your house key.


This top is lightweight and breathable and has anti-stink and anti-static properties. In my limited use of the tank so far (an 8 mile run in 80 degree weather, and an hour long spin class) I have found that it doesn't cling, and it didn't smell bad after either.

People sometimes question how much different colors or fabrics will show sweat. I'll show you what I looked like after I drove home from my hour-long spin class (ew, gross, sweat).


Uh, so, yes. You can see sweat on this top. But, this tank is made for sweating in. I really like the fit and the fabric of this, and I would consider picking up a second one in another color if I came across my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't always get a chance to respond to each comment individually, but I promise I read them all! If you ask a question in the comments, please subscribe to the comment feed so you can see my response, or leave your email address in your comment so I can respond. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...