Saturday, August 27, 2011

House-Sitting...and a Hurricane

Long, long ago we agreed to dog-sit and house-sit for friends for a week.  So Monday evening we packed up ourselves and Molly Waffles and headed over to our friends' house (only a couple miles from our place).


Molly got to spend some quality time with her greyhound friends, Carl and Maggie.

 L: Molly, R: Maggie

 Molly enjoying more grass time

L: Carl, R: Molly

The dogs also played musical beds:





Hanging with 3 big dogs for a week plus?  
I know Alyssa would be super jealous.  Dogs are her favorite.

We had fun using their fire pit and making s'mores!






We also got to use their CSA pass this week for lots of fresh produce!

3lbs of tomatoes, 3lbs of heirloom tomatoes, 1 seedless watermelon, 1/2 lb Swiss chard, some okra, 1 bulb of garlic, 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, 2 eggplants, 2 hot peppers, 3 green peppers.

I got to use their treadmill with:
1. a sweet speaker set up so I could plug in my laptop and listen to Bossypants audio book and 
2. remote control air conditioning that I lowered into the 60s 
so I could enjoy my 7 mile hill workout yesterday.
(No picture for this... I was a hot sweaty mess despite the a/c)

Fun Fact: Friday was my first run on a treadmill since April.


Now we will sit and wait for the hurricane!

 The swirly to the right of the * is where they expect Irene to be at 8am Sunday morning.


Luckily Dan was able to craft us a hurricane survival kit, so I think we'll be ok!


Hope everyone on the East Coast is staying dry...
and if you're not on the East Coast, enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Ohh you're making me wish for an air conditioned treadmill right now.. and maybe some smores too! :) Stay safe tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 dogs - my worst nightmare! Kudos to you!

    Jealous of your s'more - I ran out of fuel and just made one using a candle!

    Also super jealous that you are not back at school yet.

    Enjoy and be safe! Your hurricane kit looks much like ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 dogs, beer, and s'mores sound like a perfect way to be stuck inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is bossypants? I was thinking about gettinG it. Having grown up in south florida, I laugh at your category 1... but seriously, cold showers when the power goes out sucks. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hurricane kit looks so much more fun than mine!

    I'm not sure I'd want to be stuck with 3 days in a hurricane, unless they were braver than mine and actually went outside by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm s'mores!
    Dogs rest in the funniest positions ever. I love the one of the dog on its back.

    ReplyDelete

I don't always get a chance to respond to each comment individually, but I promise I read them all! If you ask a question in the comments, please subscribe to the comment feed so you can see my response, or leave your email address in your comment so I can respond. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...