Monday 3/14: 100 crunches. Nothing else. Spinning was canceled because of the college's spring break. I took one for the team (marriage) and went grocery shopping and made dinner.
Tues 3/15: Easy Run: 5.45 miles
Wed 3/16: 50 min Tempo Run = 4.92 miles
Thur 3/17: 25 minutes of weight machines at the gym (couple sets each of: chest, shoulder, bicep press; hip adduction & hip abduction; glute machine; "reverse" crunches? for your lower back.
Fri 3/18: Easy bike ride (first of the year!) w/hubs: 6.23 miles
Sat 3/19: Pace run: 6.75 miles + 120 crunches + 90 second plank
Sun 3/20: Long run = 13.02 miles.
I can't believe there are less than 2 weeks til the half marathon!
- While my running routes naturally include some hills thanks to where I live, I am still nervous about the course's severe elevation map. I am hoping to get over to the park where the half marathon will be on the weekend to do a pace run there (or maybe my easy run next week if I can get out of work on time) so I can run the biggest hill before hand.
- I know it's early to obsess about weather. But I do anyway. Excuse me, what is this!?
- Exhibit A: Friday it was 79F.
- Now...chance of snow?? I'm not happy. This is central NJ, not western NY. Crazy.
- I will take temps in the 40s for April 3, just no snow or rain, please.
- Related to the weather, I am starting to think about what I will wear. This is also why I'd like to check out the park and see how shaded or not the trails are. 40s + shade = crops. 50+ with or without shade = shorts.
- Must start waking up earlier in the morning! And maybe get in a couple runs before work, if the above forecast changes. The half marathon will start at 8am. I have not run at 8am since...the fall? (So why am I still up writing this at 11:30!?)
What information do you like to have on your Garmin? For training and/or races. I know the options may vary from model to model. I usually have...
Screen 1: overall time, avg pace, total distance
Screen 2: lap time, lap pace, lap distance
Screen 3: HR Graph, zone, and time of sunset
And Actual HR flashes on a 4th screen.
-I do autolap at 1 mile increments (Not a problem last April - course was along the ocean, on boardwalk. September...it got messed up, I blame tall Philly buildings and a tunnel).
-I occasionally use Virtual Partner (debating whether programming VP at 2:21:10 for this half marathon so I can see, as I run, how I compare to my previous fastest time will help me or stress me out).
How do you use your Garmin??