I missed out on a PR-potential half marathon this spring, so I’d like to go for sub 1:54 this fall. Really, since I’ve been pretty light on racing this year, I’d be ok with running a few races this fall: a couple road halfs for a PR and some fun on trails.
So far this year I’ve run the Bandit 30k, the Great Race of Agoura Hills Chesebro Half Marathon, a July 4th 10k, and a few 3 mile XC races this summer.
Here’s a few I’m considering for the fall:
September 8: Ventura Half Marathon
- Flat. Cool, by the coast.
- Would be my 2nd of 3 races needed for the Gold Coast Run Series.
October 5: Agoura RAD 10 Miler
- Run starts from Paramount Ranch
- A different distance.
- Last year they gave out pint glasses instead of medals which is a plus in my book.
October 26: Haunted Trails of the Night 10k
- Night time Trail race from Paramount ranch.
- New race put on by a great trail race director.
November 3: Santa Clarita Half Marathon
- Cheap. $59 – minus another 20% through my running group.
- Need to redeem myself on this course after last year.
November 23: Griffith Park Trail Half Marathon
- Hard course, but a fun and well-organized race.
- Ran it last year.
- On the Cons list, it’s pricey.
December 1: High Desert 30k (Ridgecrest)
- Another attempt at a 30k?
- Running friends ran it last year. Quirky homemade “medals.”
- Trail races are just awesome in general.
December 7: Paramount Ranch Trail Half Marathon
- This is the third race in consideration starting from Paramount Ranch. Weird.
December 8: Santa to the Sea Half Marathon
- PR Course from last year
- Would be my 3rd race of the Gold Coast Series, earning me a jacket.
- Mostly flat course, good support, but Point-to-Point is a PITA if you don’t have someone to drop you off at the start.
What races are you running this fall?
What are you fall racing goals?
SoCal folks- run any of these before? Any others I should put on my list?